« Home | Well Fine! » | Happy Valentine's Day » | Kinky Hair » | Drunk Black Girl » | Comments » | Happy Birthday To Me » | Happy Black History Month » | Super Bowl Shuffle » | Spinster For Life » | Conversation From This Weekend » 

Sunday, February 25, 2007 

Weekend Post

Baloo is on another ski trip so I was left to my own devices this weekend. I'm getting pretty jealous of all the trips he gets to take. Here, I work full time and can't even plan a weekend away because I'm either broke, or something else needs to be taken care of around The Dungeon. Why isn't Daddy Kiki funding my existence so I could jet off and ski all the time? Yeah I'm jealous. Moving on.

So I started Saturday in Detroit. Like, the real Detroit. I was going to this place that sells pretty much anything that can be stripped from old houses. They're into preserving the materials in old buildings and houses and selling them to the public. The place was an old warehouse and you totally had to hunt around for things, but it was neat. I didn't buy anything, but I got some good ideas about some projects I want to start. As I was leaving, I saw that I needed gas and went to a station to fill up. My first clue should have been the lack of credit card payment on the outside. I went into the gas station where the clerk was sitting behind about 4 inches of bullet proof glass. I asked him to turn on the pump and he said he can't without a prepay. I told him that I was filling up my tank and didn't know how much it would cost. He didn't budge. And I got the hell out of there.

I hate to feel that way. Here I was in a situation where the people looked just like me and I honestly felt a bit uncomfortable. I've never felt that way before. I've been in the hood in the past and I just simply try not to stand out. Never before have I felt uncomfortable. But on that corner in Detroit yesterday, I felt that even I could get jacked.

So, I went from the hood to the hoity toity. In fact, in the drive to the mall, I pass a Ferrari on the highway. I was definitely not in the hood anymore. I ended up buying a piece of jewelry at a store that was going out business. Do you like it? It's Tanzanite, which I learned is an increasingly rare gem. I'm so proud of my new purchase.

Today is all about cleaning. I was so tired last night that I didn't get any cleaning done. Baloo comes back on Tuesday, so I'm pretty excited about that. When something more interesting happens, I'll let you know.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm young, single, got a great ass, a serial dater, a sometimes drunk, addicted to the gym, liable to make fat girls cry, have a mild ED, think Notre Dame is the greatest college and Texas is the greatest state. Currently at a standstill since moving from Detroit Area, Michigan (tons of yuppies) to Mason, MI (noted KKK presence). Come be a part of my random, shocking, and exciting world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker



Locations of visitors to this page