« Home | Mindless Reads » | Party Over Here! » | Starting School » | For Your Enjoyment » | We Go Through This Every Year » | How Awesome is Daddy Kiki? » | Mama's Family » | Scared Yet? » | A Girl's Best Friend » | Election Day » 

Monday, August 21, 2006 

Today Was A Good Day

I had a really good day today. It started with the office manager telling me bossman was going to be out most of the week! Score! Then, I talked to bossman on the road about the very uncomfortable subject of money. And guess what? Bossman was totally cool about our money talk. Score number 2!

Then, I talked to some potential clients and I found a new way to dig around for new clients. Score number 3!

I rewarded all my hard work today with a workout at the gym. While winding down and doing my abs, I was approached by a guy. Now, normally, I don't engage in gym room pimping. I don't wear coordinating outfits to the gym. I don't wear makeup to the gym. I'm there to sweat and work out and listen to crunk music. But while I was doing my abs, this guy approached me and asked me about any other machines he could use to do ab workouts. The Texan in me totally came out and I gave him a mini tour of the facility pointing out which were good for abs. It really didn't occur to me at first that he was flirting and trying to find a way to break the ice. In all honesty, I thought he wanted to learn more about the gym.

We ended up talking. He told me he's from NYC and was in town for a real estate conference. He manages corporate real estate investments. I almost wet myself. I think investing is so hot. Seriously. I'm not kidding. While food is the way to a man's heart, money market, hedge funds and real estate investments is the clear path to my heart. Anyway, he told me he went to NYU and he's going to grad school there part time. He also told me his family was from Connecticut (old money!). The gym was about to close so I asked him if he wanted to have dinner. He said yes, he didn't have any plans. I told him I was going home to change but I would call him and pick him up from his hotel and go to dinner.

I took my time getting home. I'm trying to be more aloof with people. I showered, shaved, curled my hair, put on a nice (and clean) outfit. I even went as far as cleaning the guest bathroom. I didn't clean my bathroom. I wanted to have a good excuse why he couldn't go to the Heart of The Dungeon if the opportunity arose.

I was putting my things in my purse, walking out the door when I called him. "Is this Kiki?" "Yes." "I feel like a total jackass. I forgot that I was having drinks with buddies tonight. I guess I got so excited that I forgot I already had plans. What are you doing for the rest of the week?"

I was a little pissed. Here I was standing in my living room looking and smelling fantastic. Hell, I even shaved my legs (but really, that was necessary as I'm playing golf tomorrow and I'm wearing my cute new Ralph Lauren shorts)! I told him to give me a call later in the week and we'll see what happens.

Part of me wants to write him off completely. Yet part of me knows how exciting it is to be asked out that you simply say yes without thinking of anything else.

What would you do?

omg!!! you have to go out with him.

he was just distracted by your massive hottness in the gym and just forget. and i bet he tried to blow off his friends (mmm...blow) but they wouldn't let him.

and anyway, this is a GUARANTEE that he's got to pay for dinner and drinks!

YAY

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm young, single, got a great ass, a serial dater, a sometimes drunk, addicted to the gym, liable to make fat girls cry, have a mild ED, think Notre Dame is the greatest college and Texas is the greatest state. Currently at a standstill since moving from Detroit Area, Michigan (tons of yuppies) to Mason, MI (noted KKK presence). Come be a part of my random, shocking, and exciting world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker



Locations of visitors to this page