« Home | Tandem Bike (or, My Adventures at Reunion 2006) » | Notre Dame Reunion 2006 » | My life is so less complicated when boys aren't in... » | Chillin 'n Grillin » | Bike Ride » | For Your Enjoyment » | To Catch a Predator » | I'm One of Those People » | Yahoo! » | I Know How To Pick 'Em » 

Monday, June 05, 2006 

Missing it Already

I kinda figured this would happen. But I already miss Notre Dame. I haven’t been off campus for a full 24 hours, and I miss it. I was sitting at work emailing all of the contacts I made while on campus. Letting people know it was a pleasure to meet them, hoping I’d see them at games this fall. I guess I miss campus because it’s the only place I’ve been where you can go back, sit at a table full of strangers and have every one of those people be successful individuals who are actually making a difference in the world. This weekend I met a chemical engineer, a P.R. Director for the Padres, a Financial Analyst for Bayer, a lobbyist. It was great. As we were sitting at lunch on Sunday morning, Kipper made a comment. He told me and Dr. Wave to look around the dining hall. The only overweight people in the entire place where mostly older folks who probably couldn’t exercise anymore. But compared to normal society, everyone looked pretty fit for the most part. I thought about that as I drove in to work in Lansing this morning.

Sigh. Well, I’m happy I made some quality contacts, one who has already sent me an email back. And, I look forward to when I can make it back to campus and meet more folks.

Things that happened at Reunion that I was probably too drunk to remember until now:

On Friday afternoon I picked up a grad student who had a sexy accent and was from Mexico. He totally emailed me today. Score! Sitting in LaFun with some 1996 grads and my chair vibrating. It really freaked me out! Having an increasingly drunken conversation in Keenan with two 1966 grads about…I’m not sure what. I really don’t remember anymore. Playing tennis with the youngest grandma I’ve ever met. And to top it off, she was teeny tiny and attractive too; recognizing that campus automatically makes you have an eating disorder as I felt guilty about eating while on campus; me waking up Saturday morning and not being able to find my shirt and swearing up and down that the boy I brought back stole it...turns out I was just really drunk and my shirt was sitting on the bed the entire time!

About me

  • I'm young, single, got a great ass, a serial dater, a sometimes drunk, addicted to the gym, liable to make fat girls cry, have a mild ED, think Notre Dame is the greatest college and Texas is the greatest state. Currently at a standstill since moving from Detroit Area, Michigan (tons of yuppies) to Mason, MI (noted KKK presence). Come be a part of my random, shocking, and exciting world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker



Locations of visitors to this page