« Home | I'm so excited! » | Golden » | Exercise Cures All » | Dork! » | Broke Face » | Congrats are in Order » | Got a Gun in my pocket » | NO! » | Black Man! » | Happy Halloween! » 

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 

Volunteering My Time

I've decided to start volunteering. One, because school isn't taking up too much of my time. Two, becuase I feel I could be doing more. Three, let's be honest. It looks good on your bio/resume. So I went to volunteerlansing.org and now I don't think I'm going to volunteer anymore. If you know me intimately, you know that I don't actually like doing things. I'm more of the delegator. I tell other people to do things and then I take the credit. It's the American way. I think I was put off by how many volunteer positions there were for 'mentors.' They especially wanted mentors for High School students. I would be such a horrible mentor. I'd be the type of person to tell the kids not to drink, then they see my picture on the news for drunken disorderly conduct.

Then there were opportunities to be greeters and interact with guests. I'm too judgmental to really work with other people. Plus, most days I'm really not into smiling. I hear it causes wrinkles.

Then I came across something taht I think I could like: Special Events Coordinator. Now in all reality I work full time and I'm a part time student, so I really don't have the time to coordinate special events. But I like the idea of people doing what I tell them to do. For a good cause, of course. It's the reason why I volunteer.

About me

  • I'm young, single, got a great ass, a serial dater, a sometimes drunk, addicted to the gym, liable to make fat girls cry, have a mild ED, think Notre Dame is the greatest college and Texas is the greatest state. Currently at a standstill since moving from Detroit Area, Michigan (tons of yuppies) to Mason, MI (noted KKK presence). Come be a part of my random, shocking, and exciting world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker



Locations of visitors to this page