« Home | Drivin' Along In My Automobile » | HOTlanta! » | Ebony & Ivory » | We're All Gonna Die Some Day » | The Big Leagues » | The Dungeon Treats Me Like a Lady » | Cleaner Than a Nun's Cooter » | Gold Star » | Doomsday » | Strictly Physical » 

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 

Girl Crush

Ok, I'm long overdue for a blog post and a lot has been going on.

First I'll talk about my girl crush.

While at a work related conference this week, I developed my first real girl crush. There aren't a lot of women in my line of work, so when I meet some, I try to find out as much as I can about who they are, where they come from, and what avenues they pursued to get where they are today. I developed a girl crush on a young southern girl who had started her own business. I wanted to know everything about her but had to stop myself from always being around. The last thing she needed was me trailing her among the conference booths, sitting with her at dinner, and being around during cocktail hour! She was just fascinating to me and I really wanted to know what she did right in her career to get where she is now at such a young age. I think it's important for women to have other female mentors to look up to and I hope that if I continue to do things right some other girl can develop a girl crush on me down the line.

Next, I went to vote yesterday. Mucho Excitement! I get so giddy around election time. Baloo and I stayed up and watched CNN all night to see results. However, I was very concerned that my vote didn't get counted. When I went to vote, my ballot wasn't being accepted by the voting machine. Turns out the machine was jammed and they had to take out someone else's ballot just so mine could go through. Then the poll workers didn't know how to get the jammed ballot back into the machine. Oh well. Sucks to be that person. Let's just hope they were voting for the other side!

And that's all. I'm really sick right now and I have a ton of both work and school related stuff to get done and I'm in no mood to do either of them. I need a vacation. This workaholic routine is not sitting well with me at all.

I have gone from being the girl who crushed on other chicks to the girl other chicks crush on....

I prefer to be the crusher not the crushee...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm young, single, got a great ass, a serial dater, a sometimes drunk, addicted to the gym, liable to make fat girls cry, have a mild ED, think Notre Dame is the greatest college and Texas is the greatest state. Currently at a standstill since moving from Detroit Area, Michigan (tons of yuppies) to Mason, MI (noted KKK presence). Come be a part of my random, shocking, and exciting world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker



Locations of visitors to this page