« Home | Why are boys so crafty? » | I really want to go to school » | Great Tool for blogs » | This Weekend » | Starting Over for the 80th Time » | Should I? » 

Friday, April 01, 2005 

Hooty Tooty Clubbing

I went to the Detroit Athletic Club for the first time last night. It was really nice. It's basically a country club with athletic activities instead of golf. I want to join. I've never been to a CC before, but this was nice. I do know an attorney who's a member and I think I need a sponsor and six recommendations. Not that I'm seriously considering joining, but I really don't think it would be a bad place to join to further my career.

Anyway, on to the good stuff! The event was well attended and very nice last night. Basically we're in the process of raising money for an event that will take place in Detroit this Summer. The mayor of Detroit was there. I got to shake a lot of hands, which I totally love doing. Made some introductions, got some business cards. The guy who I think is cute was there too. He seems a bit strange to me sometimes. I pulled him aside and told him I wanted to do lunch sometime when I was in town so I could discuss how he got where he is in corporate america. He seemed really cautious of me and wanted to know my reasons. I told him that I like to get different experiences from different people in order to sculpt my own career aspirations. He was impressed by that so he pulls out a biz card and writes down his home number. Cha-Ching! KrzyKiki is now getting the numbers from professionals. And not even in a bar. I think I'll give him a ring in a couple weeks to set up something for lunch.

So one of my colleagues was with us and it was getting toward the end and he was getting bored. Because it's a religious event, there was no alcohol served. I was totally out of my element! so he pulls me aside and whispers, "Ya wanna go get a drink?" Leave it to the Irishman to single me out. So we head to the bar where you have to give your membership number to drink! I loved this place! So it's me and three guys shooting the shit. It was fun. They all left me to have dinner (can a girl get some free food?) and I was alone at the bar with these other three men who were having a heated (and drunken) discussion on the War in Iraq. I caught this one guy's eye and he invited me over to flirt. Whatever. I told him that Southerners don't like Northerners and that Northerners are rude and unfriendly. He slurred, "I'm the exception to the rule. I'm friendly." To which I responded, "And you're also drunk." So I left he left and I headed back to Lansing.

Now the part that I left out was the part about Hot Bod. I had been calling him all day telling him I would be in town and he never returned my calls. Tiffy thinks it has something to do with the fact that I left about 10 messages. I still don't see her point. So drunk Kiki had to pass by his house to go home. so I did. And his lights were on. I'm not reading too much into it cause I totally leave my lights on in my house when I go out. So that's not really all that strange. I was just so disappointed that I didn't see him last night. Sigh.

About me

  • I'm young, single, got a great ass, a serial dater, a sometimes drunk, addicted to the gym, liable to make fat girls cry, have a mild ED, think Notre Dame is the greatest college and Texas is the greatest state. Currently at a standstill since moving from Detroit Area, Michigan (tons of yuppies) to Mason, MI (noted KKK presence). Come be a part of my random, shocking, and exciting world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker



Locations of visitors to this page